DIAMOND(JIBANKRISHNA) UPANISHAD PERSONIFIED
Translated from my Bengali book ‘Upanishader pare’(Beyond Upanishad)
Volume- 14, July, 2013
[Jibankrishna used to discuss his lifelong divine realizations with innumerable listeners at his residence every day. Many of these discussions were based on Upanishads and yogic interpretations on The Gospel of Sri Ramkrishna.
These discussions were recorded by some listeners in their diaries. Based on a compilation work from these diaries I have published thirteen books in Bengali. The articles are translated from my books. ]
The fundamental thought of Vedanta is oneness
which has manifested in Diamond’s era.
I have doubt whether, anybody in the world has known, Atma or Great Soul. Upanishads are saying, being transformed into Great Consciousness the seer transforms every human being into his own form’.
In Vivekananda centenary Memorial volume; page 276, Swami Vivekananda has mentioned – The central idea of Vedanta is oneness. There are no two in anything – no two lives, there is only one life, one world, one existence, everything is that one. The difference is in degree and not in kind”.
So the fundamental idea of Vedanta is oneness. Listen, what was only the concept or idea to them, is a fact and truth to us.
What is the real meaning of immortality
What do you mean by oracle? You hear it. Isn’t so? What is ‘Veda’. It’s another meaning is ‘Sruti’ (A subtle note that is heard at the time of changing the voice from one note to another). The Rishis were the visualizers of hymns. To hear and to see are the same. The proof of this ‘Sruti’ is old Testament where the Prophets have mentioned on the basis of ‘Sruti’. There is another religious scripture which is entirely full of oracles is Koran. Then the question comes – who heard the oracles in Vedas? The answer is, that Perfect Man. That Man manifests Himself as oracle and at the same time He is the listener.
If you ask, ‘How is it possible’? The listeners were the Rishis who heard the oracles! Then how could they be merged into that Atma or soul? They said, ‘He is the Best Man’ and this is soul or Atma.
So far, all the scholars and religious teachers have mentioned about Atma or Soul within the body. Why haven’t they proved that he is the Soul or Atma with physical body? Atma and the Purusha are the same and why none of them couldn’t be that perfect Man, who could transform everyone into His own form? This proves that the man within the body is the listener. So far this unknown man was listener and now he has got flesh and blood body in the form of a living human body.
Now that inner man is the speaker, but outside he is the listener and you are the speaker. Because, unless you tell me your stories I come to know nothing. I knew myself through you. And for this reason I use to say that you are my teachers.
Now you see, that the great person was so long within the bodies of those Rishis and Religious teachers as an embryo. But through embryo you cannot expect the austerities, it requires a living body, and this is that body. Now you say, whether Vedas have mentioned about the past or future? The proof is in the Vedas – ‘the man in the sun’. Who is that man in the sun? A good number of people have seen my form in the sun. What is sun? The life is the sun. So long human beings will continue seeing me within their bodies, I shall live. There is no destruction of Brahmavidya (Supreme Cult). Vedas are saying, ‘Those who see this Atma or Soul within their bodies, they get perpetual happiness, peace and become calm? I had no idea about all these, but still it is continuing. It never happened before that a man was transformed into Brahma or Supreme Being. The Truth is discovered through me. And you are announcing that a living man is Brahma.
[Chandogya Upanishad has mentioned thus :
As long as the sun shall rise in the east and set in the west, so long will he compass the over lordship and the chief sovereignty. (3.6.4)]
DIAMOND AND THE AMAZING FACTS ABOUT DREAMS AND REALITY IN HIS LIFE TIME
(Translated from my Bengali book ‘He Mahajivan’)
Volume –14, July, 2013
My first visit to Diamond (Jibankrishna)
Janaki Nath Paul
Once taking the Gospel of Sri Ramkrishna from my neighboring young man I read it thoroughly. Some words ‘In the Kali Yuga if anyone cries for three days and three nights for God. He will be available’ shook my mind. I asked many people ‘who is this Sacchidanandaguru or God-the-Preceptor’? But I did not get any answer. Nobody knew about it. My father took initiation from a human preceptor but I never had urge to take it. I tried to cry for God and was successful in the third night.
Next day, the person named Mr. Basu who used to work in front of my table in the office once asked me, ‘Janaki, l know that you had many religious books. Can you go to one person? He lives in a house in a lane towards Makardaha Road (Howrah). He talks only about Sri Ramkrishna’.
I came to know that he himself had not gone to that person but one of his relatives was living in the same lane. Hearing from him Mr. Basu told me.
However, according to Mr. Basu’s direction I reached the same destination on a day of April, 1954. I saw that 4-5 persons were seated inside the room. One of them told me to sit inside the room. Just entering into the room I saw that Sri Ramkrishna was seated on a cot. He was the same person whose picture was hanging on the wall. How was it possible! Was I wrong? It was for a few seconds. Then being in full consciousness I saw that a strongly built person with clean-shaved cheek instead of Sri Ramkrishna with beard was seated on the cot. I was sweating and thinking about such strong vision, looking at him with great astonishment.
He asked me, ‘My boy, do you meditate’? I nodded. Jibankrishna, said, ‘From to-morrow you sit, near me and meditate.’ He also asked about dreams but I answered negative.
Henceforth I started going to Jibankrishna every evening after my office hours. After going for 3-4 days one day I noticed that a gentleman was bowing down to Jibankrishna for a long time. After bowing he said that during his bowing he saw that Mother Sarada (wife of Sri Ramkrishna) was massaging his legs. Hearing this Jibankrishna said, ‘It was a good vision’. At that moment I remembered my vision seen on the first day. I thought, then it was not hallucination seeing Jibankrishna as Sri Ramkrishna! Then I narrated to him my first day’s vision. He scolded me for not narrating this vision to him previously and said, ‘why did you not tell me that time’! I kept silent. Now I am narrating a few of my dreams:
1) After 4-5 days I saw in my dream that from a place of great height I jumped into a pond. There was a monument in the midst of the pond. By swimming beneath that monument I reached the other side and my dream was off. Hearing my dream Jibankrishna said, ‘oh, you have got every thing’!
2) After 3-4 months of meeting Jibankrishna I saw him in my dream. I was seeing a beautiful garden, full of flowering and fruit plants. There was a nice path from the house to the main gate. Jibankrishna was coming out from the house and walking on the path and I was going through the same path to the house. As soon as I saw him I bowed down to him. Looking at me he smiled. I saw him luminous. The surrounding was also illuminated with soothing day light. Then my dream was off.
3) I was seeing a bulky Brahmin with thick pot-belly. I was thinking, what a voracious eater Brahmin! Then I saw goddess Kali with a curved sword in her hand. She vanished and that sword came in my hand. I cut that Brahmin into two pieces with that sword. Then my dream was off.
After this dream a strange change came in my life. Previously, I used to take too much food very irregularly. Gradually this tendency was completely removed from my mind. Another incident happened in my wife’s life which is as such :
After coming out from Jibankrishna’s room I used to discuss about Jibankrishna with brother Ram, Jiten Bairagi and Ramkrishna standing for about one hour or more in the play ground of Bantra School. Naturally I became late in returning home creating an adverse notion on my wife. But strangely this notion was removed by two dreams thus:
1) Jibankrishna was seated on the cot wearing dhoti and Punjabi. She even saw the small black blotch on the right side of his nose.
2) After a few days she saw again Jibankrishna in a dream. Jibankrishna was telling her, ‘your husband is Lord Shiva. Serve him properly. Every morning wipe his legs with your long hair.’
Hearing the dream Jibankrishna said, ‘Long time back, Hindu women used to serve their husbands as god,’
16/4, Badan Roy Lane, Kadamtala, Howrah,
West Bengal, India.
FROM MY DIARY OF DIVINE DREAM
Volume – 14, July, 2013
Vision of past and Future
Visualization of far past incident –Scene of Noah’s Ark
10th August, 1980, Sunday.
34) Early morning dream: I was traveling alone around the world. Suddenly great flooding came and all the cities, towns, villages and human beings were drowned in the floor. But I noticed that I alone survived and was travelling on a boat.
With a great surprise I observed that even the hills, the mountains, all were drowning under the water. The vision was so unnatural and beyond any description and within the dream it seemed to me that it was the scene of the great flood and Noah’s Ark as described in the Bible. Here the dream went off.
[These past and future scenes can be seen during austerity as past, present and future are merged in the seer. In microcosm it indicates my esoteric condition – Only I exist and this is a realization which is mentioned in Upanishads.]
Achievement of advance brain power – annihilation of space
27th December, 1980, Saturday
35) Early morning dream: I was standing on a very beautiful place comprising of lakes, hillocks, forests etc. Suddenly I noticed that the whole place began to move just like a cinema and the whole incident seemed as if I was observing a cinema but actually the whole matter was happening in reality. I stood still and saw that so many places were moving in front of me like a cinema one by one. New places were coming and were replaced by another and I was feeling my presence within that place. This was really an overwhelming feeling but could not be explained. At a certain time a place appeared before me. It was also surrounded by hills. This seemed to me to be Jamshedpur (Jharkhand state of India) and here the dream ended.
Here the scene indicated the future advancement of technology where a spectator can see himself to be present within the scene of the cinema.
In one sense the seer had experienced a future in his dream. In microcosm the seer has attained Brahmahood as Brahma is inert and everything was happening in front of the seer in his dream while he remained inert and ultimately reached Jamshedpur which means Brahmapur or the 7th plane of the human body (Place of the Supreme Being or Brahma).
Vision of my past life – St. Paul
February 23, 1981.
36) In my dream I saw a very beautiful place surrounded by hills, flowering plants etc. and it seemed to be a place outsideIndia. I was roaming here and there. Then I saw in a place six stone statues with European stature. They seemed to be the disciples of Jesus Christ. In front of one statue it was engraved on a stone that he used to have ecstasy. Then and there I also had an ecstasy and at that moment felt that in my previous birth I was him.
Thereafter I went to another place where I met Diamond and narrated the pervious incident. Then the dream went off.
[Within the dream though the seer could not recognize the statue, but later on he knew that St. Paul used to have ecstasy.
The previous birth can be interpreted like this : The same genetic characters dominant in St. Paul had been exposed in the seer and so he saw such dream with an indication that the same prejudices or attributes dominating within the seer will lead to similar type of work in the long run.]
Vision of future – achieving more power for conducting publication of ‘Manikya’ Magazine and Hindi Version of the book ‘Religion and Realization’
21st April, 1983, Thursday.
37) Early morning dream : Diamond was present at a house along with many devotees. I was also present there. Different spiritual conversations were going on. Sometimes reading was going on from texts of ‘Manikya’ and Diamond was correcting some writings. It seemed to me that he was correcting those texts where generally disputes used to arise. I thought that hence forth I would correct the disputed writings from Diamond. Then another idea came in my mind that I should show Hindi manuscripts of the book ‘Religion and Realization’ for his comments and corrections as I was intending to publish it in reality. Thinking this I started arrange everything.
After a while I noticed that I was going to stay at another house leaving the previous one and it seemed to me that I had already taken the address from Arun Ghosh. I thought that at least every day after my day’s work I could meet Diamond. In the meantime, Diamond, as if coming to know that I was searching for his whereabouts like a mad person, sent a messenger to me and made comments, ‘Oh! I knew that at least he would come to me’ and for this he became very happy. The dream then went off.
[The dream indicates that within a short time the seer may have the sole responsibility of publishing ‘Manikya’ and with the power of God-the-Preceptor and in future Diamond’s book ‘Dharma-O-Anubhuti’ in Hindi may be published by the seer. After this dream again the seer got back the responsibility of editing ‘Manikya’ and with more freedom.
After 12 years Hindi ‘Dharma-O-Anubhuti’ was published by the seer proving the dream to be true.]
RELIGION AND REALIZATION (EXCERPT)
By Diamond picked up in the street
Volume -14, July, 2013
Place :—Temple of Dakshineswar.
Place—Temple of Dakshineswar .
157) ”God is the master . Everything is done through me .I do not do anything .
The man whose life is perfected and conducted on the basis of this knowledge
in him. God has separated Himself in him from the bondage of body” .
This is knowledge of ‘Thou’—‘not I but Thou’. This state of consciousness gets its own expressions in everyday life. The expressions in everyday life are that he will never play the role of a preceptor and he will never accept any money in exchange of his religious teaching . “If he has become a real monk then why does he take money from other’? —Sri Ramkrishna .
158) “Let you see God first by self—exertion”.
“It is through sheer grace of God that God is seen”. —Sri Ramkrishna . But here Thakur was encouraging the devotees for self—exertion as they were advanced in age . Yes, by sincere devotion, prayer and other spiritual discipline one can get God’s grace in some measure.
159) “One on arrival at ‘Kalighat’, got himself engaged in giving alms only ;
then there would be no time for him to see the image of the Divine Mother,
‘Kali’, in the inner shrine”.
(Kalighat is a locality of Calcutta and here the temple of the Divine Mother, called “Kali”, is situated). Kalighat—represents the world. One is come to the world. His first and foremost duty is to
see God, i.e., to solve the mystery of life and death , On the contrary, a man comes to the arena of the world, dances his futile dance and passes away.
160) “In case of fever, if the old Kaviraja’s (Doctors practicing in old method )
Treatment is adopted then the patient is sure to collapse”.
Fever—represents the disease—‘ego’ or ‘I’.
Doctor’s old method—means seeing God the five sheaths or seven planes as laid down in the Vedas.
The patient is sure to collapse—signifies that the physical body in the present era cannot stand so much strain.
161) “The present era demands quick action”.
Thakur means to say that the present era is an era of devotion and prayer.
It was so as long as Thakur lived in this world. But with the disappearance of Thakur from this world, the era has changed. The method is altered. It is Thakur’s era. A new method has been adopted. It is an age of injection, i.e., it will come from within the body as God-the-preceptor comes from inside the body.
162) “The religion of the era is devotion and prayer”.
Let you follow the path of prayer and devotion and if God in your takes pity He will appear as God-the-preceptor and will show you His sports and sportive forms and you will be a witness to them.
DIAMOND’S AFTER-DEATH SPIRITUAL ACTION THROUGH HIS BOOK
(Translated from our Bengali magazine ‘Manikya’)
Volume – 14, July, 2013
Seeing Diamond in dreams and reality after his death through Reading Centers
Saptam Som from Sian, Birbhum (West Bengal, India) has narrated his amazing experiences like this:
For a long time I was acquainted with Sridhar Ghosh. I used to go to his house for listening to the reading of Jibankrishna’s (Diamond) Bengali book ‘Dharma-O-Anubhuti (Religion and Realization in English version)’.Within a few days I started seeing Jibankrishna in dreams in various ways. Even my younger brother Nabam now has started going there to listen and begun to see Jibankrishna in dreams.
In my first dream seen on 07.03.1993, I saw that I was doing blood test in the laboratory. The people were standing in a queue. I was taking blood from everybody through a syringe, placing them on glass slides and then writing their names on an exercise book. This blood would be required for a dying patient. But unfortunately the blood was not matching with the patient’s blood. Suddenly I got a telephone call that without the blood the patient would survive for only five minutes. I was worried. In the meantime a middle aged person came and handing a slide to me said, ‘Please test my blood.’ So I took his blood and after testing I found that it matched with the patient’s blood. Immediately I gave this blood to the patient.
When I asked the donor about his name, with a smiling face he said, ‘I am a man, and you call me, Jibankrishna.’ I again asked, ‘Why have you come here’? He said, ‘In the coming 7th Jaistha (Generally 3rd week of May) I have my birthday and so I have come here to invite you.’ ‘Why have you donated blood.’ When I asked him, he said, ‘My blood is the blood of every human being and each and every one has the birth right on it.’ Here my dream was off.
About Jibankrishna’s grace on Bolpur Reading Center I had a strange dream. I was seeing that with some relatives I was visiting the idols of Goddesses Durga. In each pandal I saw that beside each idol an old man was seated on a huge lotus. In his hand there was a globe. With a particular color he painted a specific place of Birbhum District and was pointing out that particular place. And this word ‘Bolpur’ was denoting that place. Seeing this I was amazed and calling my relatives I told them, ‘See that name Bolpur within the globe’! Then my dream was off.